Change your language on Google: Don’t you feel paralyzed and clueless when the Google interface has a different language that you do not understand? Google search engine has over 140 languages, hence it is not a surprise that you end up with the language that you have no clue about.
We have compiled all the possible language settings issue you might face on Google and have written down a step by step process to get you out of this mess. There are screen recording/video included for each situation. There are 2 possibilities of this happening:
a. Your browser language has changed i.e, Google Chrome.
b. Your account language has changed
Let us now discover how to change the language in Google interface in both these cases one by one.
Change Language on Google on other browsers like Mozilla/Safari/Internet Explorer etc
In case you are using a different browser, the procedure is slightly different but not complicated. Let us see how we can change the language on Google in a matter of minutes:
- In order to change the language on Google home page, scroll down till you reach the bottom of the page until you find 3 different sets of words on the right.
- You don’t have to know what it means but click on the button on the extreme right. Once you click on to that a tab with a lot of options will open up and choose the first option from the top. This would redirect you to a page where you can see 3 options on the top left corner.
- On this page, choose the 2nd option and you will see different language options and choose the one you prefer. The English language is usually available on the first column, second row.
- After you have chosen the language, press the blue button and press OK to whatever the pop up says. This will redirect you to Google homepage of your chosen language. Aaaaandddd mission accomplished.
Google Chrome Browser: How to Change language Using Google Translate
If you are using chrome then it is easy due to the translate function available at the right click. It will take you less than 5 minutes to fix this issue.
- Right Click and click on the button ‘Translate to English’. Or any other language that you usually use.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ hyperlink/word present at the bottom right corner. A tab of options open up, choose the first option that says ‘Search Settings’
- After you have chosen search settings a tab will open up with 3 options on the extreme top left. Click on the second one.
- Here you will see different language options and choose the one that you prefer. English is usually on the 2nd row of the first column. Voila, you are done!
How to Change your Language on Google Accounts
If your account settings have changed for some reason, then we will walk you through a simple yet effective process to change it back to your desired language. Here is how you change your language settings on Google accounts:
- Click on the URL: https://myaccount.google.com/ and login to your Gmail account.
- After you log in, navigate to the 3rd option on the top left and click on it. Scroll down to see the web/globe icon in the grey 🌐
- Once you click on it, a tab will open up and click on the edit/pencil button. And you will be presented with multiple language options.
- Choose the desired language from the drop-down and click on the word marked in blue.
- Sign out and Sign in again and you will have the whole interface in English. This would then apply to all Google products like Google search, Google Maps, etc(provided you have signed in).
Google Search engine is now available in more than 140 languages. It may be one of the best search engines out there in terms of the user interface. But there are a lot of other search engines available that provide same or better features than Google. Read more here.